We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in relation to the collection, management and disclosure of your Personal Information. For more information, visit www.oaic.gov.au.
What is your personal information?
Personal Information we collect and hold
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- name, telephone, residential, mailing and email addresses;
- date of birth, gender, age, purchase history, income, occupation, hobbies and interests;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our customer service staff or otherwise; and any other information you provide us.
Other information we may collect
We collect anonymous information on website activity. We use this data to evaluate our website’s performance and to improve the content we display to you. To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No Personal Information is collected on these occasions. We may log IP addresses (the electronic address of a computer connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer our website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Our website uses Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and the Google Display Network together to serve ads to you on other websites after you have visited our website. This practice is known as remarketing and is a tool that Google offers to businesses. If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertising like this from Google, you can manage these settings by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
Giftables uses tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We use this information to optimise our site and create a better online experience for you. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting Personal Information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our customer service staff;
- when you ask for a quote to be prepared;
- when you make an in-store or on-line purchase;
- when you contact us for further information or register your details on our website;
- your participation in surveys and other types of research;
- when you enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by freedom;
- when you subscribe to our mailing list;
- when you provide information for our Privilrge Card Program, text messages, MailChimp mailout service,
- via social media pages such as the Giftables Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest accounts;
- when you express interest in a particular service; or when you submit a job application or résumé.
We may also collect information from third parties such as law enforcement agencies, and other government agencies.
What happens if we can’t collect your Personal Information?
If you do not provide us with the Personal Information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide you with information about our products and services that you may want, including information
about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experiences of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information?
Giftables uses, collects and holds your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Giftables may share your Personal Information amongst Related Bodies Corporate as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) of Giftables. Giftables also uses, collects, holds and discloses your Personal Information:
- to complete a transaction in store or online via our website, and deliver products and services;
- to provide our loyalty program;
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly whether by email, telephone or mail. We may also keep
- information on your communications with our customer service representatives;
- responding to social media;
- to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You are able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time;
- to enhance your customer experience in store and online and help us complete your transactions faster;
- for planning, marketing or research purposes;
- when recruiting staff;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing Personal Information to our Related Bodies Corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional – advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent; and
- to comply with any relevant law.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, social media, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
At Giftalbes we only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. Should you no longer wish to receive email marketing from us you can unsusbscribe at the bottom of the email marketing campaign.
We do not provide your Personal Information to other businesses for the purposes of direct marketing.
If you believe that Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the Personal Information stating you disagree with it.
Breach of privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breach may involve: making an assessment; taking immediate steps to contain the breach; designating a person/team to coordinate a response; consider what Personal Information is involved; determine whether the context of the information is important; establish the cause and extent of the breach; identify what is the risk of harm (if any); conduct a risk analysis on a case-by-case basis, and consider whether notification is required.
Third-party web sites
Links to third party web sites on www.giftables.com.au are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave Giftables’ site. Giftables is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your Personal Information.
Giftables is committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes to this statement
If you have any questions about this Policy, any concerns or a complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy or a possible breach of your privacy, please email us at:
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our customer service staff will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your request or complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that any complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Giftables Privacy Officer contact details:
08 8132 0354